Disciples Women (formerly known as the Christian Women's Fellowship) is open to all women who attend South Side Christian Church. DW currently has three different Circles.
- The Lydia Circle meets on the fourth Tuesday of each month at 1:30 pm at the church, September through May.
- The Circle of Christian Friends meets the fourth Tuesday of each month at 7:30 pm at the church, September through May.
- A new Facebook based Circle is beginning to take shape. More details to follow.
Along with these Circles, Disciples Women have service opportunities throughout the year, including:
- The Craft Group create many items to be sold at Holiday Treasures. It is open to crafters of all skill level and meets at the church each Tuesday, January through November, at 9:30 am.
- The Shawl Ministry meets the second Monday each month from 2-4 pm at the church. Knitters and Crochetters of all skill level are welcome. Shawls, afgans, scarves, and blankets are created by this group to be given to members of the church who are morning a loss, celebrating baptism, or welcoming a new child, as well as to babies who are dedicated.
There are several General Meetings throughout the year where everyone comes together for a special program and meal.
Disciples Women host many events throughout the year. The annual Holiday Treasures is held in the fall and the annual Garage Sale is held in the spring. Disciples Women also sponsor the All Daughter's Banquet, the Style Show, the collection and distribution of hats, mittens, and scarves to local schools, Blanket Sunday, among others. Monies raised by Disciples Women are used to further ministry and the gospel, locally and globally.
Check out our Fall Style Show.
The Lydia Fellowship
The Lydia Fellowship meets the 4th Tuesday of each month at 1:30 pm in a member's home. Members volunteer to give a program each month. They have been studying Women of the Bible, but the person giving the program may choose something else. They support the Samaritan House by providing detergent.